DIY Chicken Coop KitThe DIY Chicken Coop Kit has a very easy to clean design. It helps busy people raise hens hassle-free.
Each coop kit is hand made in the USA with the same materials used in US homes and once you paint it, the Smart Chicken Coop will last for years and years.
In addition, the coop is designed for a backyard, not the back pasture. It has a low profile and is cute and tidy… your neighbors might not even know you have hens!
Best of all, The DIY Chicken Coop Kit is so well designed that it cuts cleaning chores to once every few weeks! And you only need a rake to clean it– no gloves, brushes or clothes pins for your nose.
Given that The DIY Chicken Coop KIT is made in the USA with quality materials and innovatively designed, you may be wondering how we can offer it at such a reasonable price. Because you purchase (12) 2” x 2”x 8’ furring strips (we include a cut list) and (1) plastic bin for a nesting box at your local home improvement store, you save money on shipping costs. After all, why pay to have easy-to-get wood shipped across the country?
Included in our DIY Smart Chicken Coop Kit
- Unpainted T1-11 3/8″ exterior siding, cut to size (front, back, 2 sides and a door)
- Zinc coated hardware & fastener kit (includes all you’ll need to build our coop to specs)
- Galvanized steel roof, specially engineered for safety
- Galvanized steel roof cap, specially engineered for safety
- Galvanized steel roof props, specially engineered for safety
- 6 pre-cut 19 gauge 1/2″ square galvanized steel screens (essential for predator proofing)
- Custom Door Jams
- Custom Roof Supports
- Meticulous written directions
- Step by step video with narration
- Cut list
Not Included in the DIY Smart Chicken Coop Kit
- (12) 2″ x 2″ x 8′ furring strips
- (1) plastic bin for nesting box
Tools You Will Need
- Power drill and drill bits
- Phillips screw driver
- Staple gun
- Saw (not necessary if you ask your lumber/home improvement center to cut the 2″ x 2″ boards to length)
- Paint brush
Expect our DIY chicken coop kits to take a generally handy person about 6 hours
to build, plus paint time. Skilled people build the kit in about 2 hours.
Keep your hens safe. Protect your hens from backyard wildlife, such as skunks, raccoons, opossums, coyotes, and dogs with our do it yourself chicken coop. There are no gaps larger than 1/2″ on our coops, including hardware mesh, the steel roof and plywood sides. The Smart Chicken Coop will not shrink with weather changes.
NOTE: It is essential that you close your coop each evening and that you line the perimeter of the coop either with 1 ft. sq. pavers or hardware cloth. This prevents predators from digging under the walls. We also sell a predator proof screen floor (see accessories below), should you wish to go that route.